What is Android Platform ?
- It is a platform that provides tools and technologies which can used to develop and build mobile Applications.
- The Android platform is open and free software stack that includes an operating system, middleware services and also key applications for use on mobile devices.
- The Android environment uses the Linux operating system at its core.
- Middleware Services makes it easier for software developers to perform communication and input/output, so that developers can concentrate on the specific purpose of their application without need of concentrating on input output resource coding of device. Android provides a middleware layer including libraries that provide services such as data storage, screen display, multimedia, and web browsing. Because the middleware libraries are compiled to machine language, services execute quickly.
- Android also provides an application framework that developers integrate into their applications for application development.